Cleaning both sides of the fabric using a soft cloth and water on a regular basis helps keep the fabric clean. You can hose occasionally with fresh cold water. When rolling the blind up, make sure that the fabric is thoroughly dry.
PVC blinds can be exposed to both water and sunlight. However, the natural characteristics of PVC vent off plasticizer, aging the product and affecting clarity over time. If possible, all blinds should be left in a vertical fixed position.
However, if they are rolled up, it is very important to unwind and lay it flat on a regular basis to extend the flexibility and clarity of clear PVC films. It is highly recommended that blinds should be dropped for at least 48 hours at any one time.
Where extended periods of retraction are necessary, an extended period of vertical extension will be necessary to allow embossing and roller marking to drop out of the PVC film.
Even though you can maintain clarity to some degree with a cleaning regime, it is very important that all surfaces are not exposed to chemical compounds which can damage the surface of the PVC. Neutral diluted detergents have proven to be the best method that to remove stains and marks from the surface of the PVC without having an effect on the structure or makeup of the material.
Check out the homepage to see the different options available in choosing the best fabric/material for your patio blinds.
Recommended cleaning process
The recommended cleaning process is as shown below
1. To avoid any scratches when wiping using a cleaning cloth, remove any particles on the surface of the material.
2. Use a soft fabric cloth to clean using a diluted warm water based detergent solution 1:10. The 1 part is the detergent while the 10 parts represent the water.
3. Rinse completely with fresh water and wipe dry with a soft lint-free cloth or sponge.
Cleaning agents are commercially available for clear PVC materials. It is very important that you verify the performance of the products with the suggested cleaning instructions included and recommended by the cleaning solution manufacturer.
We do not take any responsibility for the performance of any cleaning agent and any potential damage that may be caused to the surface of materials after using the cleaning agents.
How To remove tough stains
1. Mix a weak concentration of household detergent in a 1:20 ration in luke warm water. Make sure that the detergent you used does not have any solvents.
2. Use a soft cloth or sponge to apply the water mix and detergent to the fabric. Once it is clean, rinse off all residue using a lot of fresh, cold water.